Pig >> mail # dev >> Re: Our release process

Re: Our release process
I think we all agree here, let's not jump to conclusions.
Everything in this branch I am talking about is in Apache Pig. Everything
we do in Pig is contributed.
We have a branch for 0.11 where we keep merging the official 0.11 branch
plus a few patches (and it will stay small) that are only in Apache TRUNK.
The goal here is to help keeping the release branch stable by not adding
patches that are only useful to us.
Having this branch allows us to fix anything quickly and redeploy to
production. It is also what allows us to use the pig 0.11 branch in
production before it is even released.
This definitely benefits the community and helps making 0.11 stable.
This is a very reasonable way to keep using a recent version of Pig in
production.

Olga: My goal is to decrease the scope of what is going in the release
branch and to make sure we add only bug fixes that are not making it
unstable. I also think having a short definition of this helps which is why
I have been chiming in.
Let us know how you want to decrease the scope. I'm just trying to simplify
here.

Julien