HBase >> mail # user >> JVM seg fault in HBase region server

Re: JVM seg fault in HBase region server
In that blog post Benoît does a fair amount of showing off to end up with
"So this segfault remains a mystery so far" :-)

My take is don't suspect the JVM, suspect your libc. I am not a fan of
using Ubuntu on the server side. Perhaps you can try a distribution based
on a different kernel+glibc? (RHEL comes to mind.) I realize that could
be... inconvenient.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy