Sqoop >> mail # user >> RE: listener does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor

Re: listener does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor
Nick, to follow-up with something Vikash pointed out re:  I think
currently sqoop cannot support direct mode for Oracle.

Vikash is correct as the --direct parameter is ignored when no direct
connector is available for a given database.

As shown in https://github.com/apache/sqoop/blob/trunk/src/java/org/apache/sqoop/manager/DefaultManagerFactory.java#L51
- there is no direct connector for Oracle at this time. This means
that using the --direct parameter with Oracle is harmless. The root
cause, as Abe pointed out on a separate thread, is that the connection
URL was malformed (should be
jdbc:oracle:thin:@bidevrac-scan.main.xxxx.com:1521/BIDEV).

Regards, Kate