Hive >> mail # user >> Question about how to add the debug info into the hive core jar

+
java8964 java8964 2013-03-20, 20:45
Re: Question about how to add the debug info into the hive core jar
Hi Yong,

Have you tried running the H query in debug mode. Hive log level can be changed by passing the following conf while hive client is running.

#hive -hiveconf hive.root.logger=ALL,console -e " DDL statement ;"
#hive -hiveconf hive.root.logger=ALL,console -f ddl.sql ;

Hope this helps

Thanks
On Mar 20, 2013, at 1:45 PM, java8964 java8964 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have the hadoop running in  pseudo-distributed mode on my linux box. Right now I face a problem about a Hive, which throws Exception in a table for some data which used my custom SerDe and InputFormat class.
>
> To help me to trace the root cause, I need to modify the code of org.apache.hadoop.hive.serde2.lazy.LazySimpleSerDe to add more debug logging information to understand why the exception happens.
>
> After I modify the hive code, I can compile it and generate a new hive-serde.jar file, with the same name as the release version, just size changed.
>
> Now I put my new hive-serde.jar under $HIVE_HOME/lib folder, replace the old one, and run the query which failed. But after the failure, if I check the $HADOOP_HOME/logs/user_logs/, I saw the Exception stacktrace still looked like generated by the original hive-serde class. The reason is that the line number shown in the log doesn't match with the new code I changed to add the debug information.
>
> My question is, if I have this new compiled hive-serde.jar file, besides $HIVE_HOME/lib, where should I put it in?
>
> 1) This is a pseudo environments. Everything (namenode, data node, job tracker and tasktracer are all running in one box)
> 2) After I replace hive-serde.jar with my new jar, I even stop all the hadoop java processing and restart them.
> 3) But when I run the query in the hive session, I still saw the log generated by the old hive-serde.jar class. Why?
>
> Thank for any help
>
> Yong

+
java8964 java8964 2013-03-21, 01:05