Flume >> mail # user >> Question about flume versioning in 1.3.1

Question about flume versioning in 1.3.1
Hello,

I am trying to use flume-1.3.1 off github:
https://github.com/apache/flume/tree/flume-1.3.1

On github, flume-1.3.1 branch's
pom.xml<https://github.com/apache/flume/blob/flume-1.3.1/pom.xml>says:
<version>1.3.0</version> but when I download flume 1.3.1 from
http://flume.apache.org/download.html the pom.xml says
<version>1.3.1</version>. So, what's going on?
Shouldn't both of the code should be the same version?

Also, when I build flume off the branch 1.3.1 via github, I get a dist
named: apache-flume-1.3.0-src.tar.gz

Am I missing something here? My assumption was, both the sources should be
identical.

-Utkarsh