Accumulo >> mail # user >> How Do I Add Split From Shell When Split Value Has Zero (\x00) Byte?

+
David Medinets 2013-04-11, 13:24
+
Josh Elser 2013-04-11, 13:44
+
David Medinets 2013-04-11, 14:38
+
Keith Turner 2013-04-11, 14:42
+
Keith Turner 2013-04-11, 14:53
+
David Medinets 2013-04-11, 16:46
+
Keith Turner 2013-04-11, 18:03
+
David Medinets 2013-04-11, 19:15
+
Keith Turner 2013-04-11, 21:47
Re: How Do I Add Split From Shell When Split Value Has Zero (\x00) Byte?
I tried this in 1.5-SNAP,  It worked when I used \x00 and not \0x00

root@test15> createtable zerotest
root@test15 zerotest> insert AA\x00BB cf cq value
root@test15 zerotest> insert AA\x00CC cf cq value
root@test15 zerotest> insert AA\x01CC cf cq value
root@test15 zerotest> scan
AA\x00BB cf:cq []    value
AA\x00CC cf:cq []    value
AA\x01CC cf:cq []    value
root@test15 zerotest> addsplits AA\x00CC
root@test15 zerotest> getsplits
AA\x00CC
root@test15 zerotest>
On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 10:53 AM, Keith Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 10:42 AM, Keith Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 10:38 AM, David Medinets
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> I tried that addsplits with a zero byte and ran into something unexpected:
>>>
>>> createtable zerotest
>>> insert AA\x00BB cf cq value
>>> insert AA\x00CC cf cq value
>>> insert AA\x01CC cf cq value
>>> addsplits AA\0x00CC
>
> just noticed this should \0x00 be \x00?
>
>>> getsplits
>>> AACC <--- the zero byte is not displayed.
>>>
>>> This seems like a bug. If anyone can verify, I'll create a jira ticket.
>>
>> that does seem like a bug.  Either the split was not added correctly,
>> or its not being displayed correctly.  Assuming it was added
>> correctly, the output of getsplits may not use the same code that
>> scans do to display unprintable bytes.

+
Krishmin Rai 2013-04-11, 15:16
+