Hadoop >> mail # user >> Metrics ..

Hi,

  I enabled the "metrics.properties" to use FileContext, in which jvm
metrics values are written to a file as follows:

jvm.metrics: hostName= localhost, processName=MAP, sessionId=, gcCount=10,
gcTimeMillis=130, logError=0, logFatal=0, logInfo=21, logWarn=0,
memHeapCommittedM=180.1211, memHeapUsedM=102.630875,
memNonHeapCommittedM=23.191406, memNonHeapUsedM=11.828621,
threadsBlocked=0, threadsNew=0, threadsRunnable=2, threadsTerminated=0,
threadsTimedWaiting=3, threadsWaiting=2
Questions:
   - Is this line for a single Map jvm ? as the processName=MAP. If so, why
doesn't it show job-id in sessionId ???
   - Even though I ran maps and reducers tasks, I only got processName=MAP
/SHUFFLE, nothing for reducers why?

Thank you,
Mark
+