HDFS >> mail # user >> how to find data nodes on which a file is distributed to?

RE: how to find data nodes on which a file is distributed to?
>From Java API,  FileSystem#getFileBlockLocations should give you the blocklocations.

Regards,
Uma
________________________________
From: Praveen Sripati [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, November 28, 2011 10:01 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: how to find data nodes on which a file is distributed to?

Go to the NameNode web UI (default port is 50070) and select 'Browse the filesystem' and drill down to the file. At the bottom of the page the block report is shown. Or else 'hadoop fsck / -files -blocks -locations' from the CLI will also give the block report for all the files in HDFS.

Thanks,
Praveen