Avro >> mail # user >> Unable to compile a namespace-less schema

+
Vitaly Gordon 2013-10-07, 17:26
+
Sean Busbey 2013-10-07, 17:58
Re: Unable to compile a namespace-less schema
Hi Sean,
Here is a file that contains a single record that I cannot read using a
specific reader.

It's hard for me to add code because the problem is a compilation problem
with the generated Java files.

So to recreate the problem:
1. Extract the schema from the record
2. Generate the code from the schema
3. Compile

Is there another way that I can describe the issue?

On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 10:58 AM, Sean Busbey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Vitay!
>
> Can you give us a minimal schema and test program that illustrates the
> problem you're describing?
>
> --
> Sean
> On Oct 7, 2013 12:27 PM, "Vitaly Gordon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>> I am trying to read Avro data that its schema does not have a namespace.
>> The problem is that I cannot compile the classes, because the generated
>> Java code does not have a package. On the other hand, if I do add some
>> arbitrary namespace to the schema, the record is resolved as a generic one,
>> which then fails on ClassCastException to the specific record.
>>
>> Any ideas on how I can resolve this issue?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Vitay

+
Vitaly Gordon 2013-10-09, 23:56