Hive, mail # user - Quering RDBMS table in a Hive query

Quering RDBMS table in a Hive query
Ruslan Al-Fakikh 2012-06-13, 21:36
Hello to everyone,

I need to join hdfs data with little data taken from RDBMS. A possible
solution is to import RDBMS data to a regular hive table using Sqoop,
but this way I'll have to keep that imported hive table up-to-date
which means that I will have to update it every time before joining in
a query.
Is there a way to load RDBMS data on the fly? Maybe a UDF which would
take RDBMS connection properties and load the data?

Thanks in advance,
Ruslan Al-Fakikh