Hive, mail # user - Transfer Data to new location

Re: Transfer Data to new location
Dean Wampler 2013-02-12, 16:54
hadoop fs -mv old_path new_path

If one new_path isn't in HDFS, use -get instead of -mv.

If you're moving Hive tables, you should then use ALTER TABLE to change the
metadata. Or, if the tables are external and have no partitions, you could
just drop them and recreate them with the new location.

--
*Dean Wampler, Ph.D.*
thinkbiganalytics.com