HBase, mail # user - HBASE -- YCSB ?

Re: HBASE -- YCSB ?
Dhaval Shah 2012-07-09, 21:36
This exception is generally caused when one of your server names returned does not map to a valid IP address on that host.. The services being up or not does not matter but the hostname should resolve to a valid IP

Regards,
Dhaval
________________________________
From: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, 9 July 2012 5:30 PM
Subject: Re: HBASE -- YCSB ?

     Thank you Amandeep for your input.

    I go into "hbase shell" to create a table from my HMaster, which
isn't running a DN process and I get the following.  Could this be
caused by a number of my DNs being offline, by the fact that the node
isn't running a DN process, or something else?

    hbase(main):013:0> create 'usertable', 'testcol'

ERROR: java.net.NoRouteToHostException:
java.netNoRouteToHostException: No route to host

Here is some help for this command:
Create table; pass table name, a dictionary of specifications per
column family, and optionally a dictionary of table configuration.
Dictionaries are described below in the GENERAL NOTES section.
Examples:

hbase> create 't1', {NAME => 'f1', VERSIONS => 5}
hbase> create 't1', {NAME => 'f1'}, {NAME => 'f2'}, {NAME => 'f3'}
hbase> # The above in shorthand would be the following:
hbase> create 't1', 'f1', 'f2', 'f3'
hbase> create 't1', {NAME => 'f1', VERSIONS => 1, TTL => 2592000,
BLOCKCACHE => true}
hbase> create 't1', 'f1', {SPLITS => ['10', '20', '30', '40']}
hbase> create 't1', 'f1', {SPLITS_FILE => 'splits.txt'}

    I can see in the ZK logs and the RS logs that they talk to the
shell, so I know that communication is good and I find no errors or
exceptions in them.

    Also I can do a hbase shell status, hbase shell zk_dump, and hadoop
dfsadmin -report all from the node I am trying to create the table
from with no issue.

    If I get on a node with the DataNode process running on it and try,
I get the following:

    [hadoop@srack0-11 ~]$ hbase shell
HBase Shell; enter 'help' for list of supported commands.
Type "exit" to leave the HBase Shell
Version 0.90.6-cdh3u4, r, Mon May 7 13:14:00 PDT 2012

hbase(main):001:0> status
3 servers, 0 dead, 0.6667 average load

hbase(main):002:0> create 'usertable', 'tempcol'

ERROR: java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: Bad connect ack with
firstBadLink as 172.18.0.9:50010

    I assume this means it is trying to talk to a DN process on a node
that I know is down.

     ---

    Jay Wilson