HDFS >> mail # user >> Re: What is required to run hadoop daemons?

Re: What is required to run hadoop daemons?
i guess when you say source code you mean the hadoop binary jar.  if not
then you never need hadoop source code to run hadoop daemons.  You just
need the binary jars

yes you will need to put the binaries on all the nodes.

ideally the hadoop cluster is set across the same unified environment. so
its better you have same OS across all your machines to be on sure side
that you don't run into weird issues which you can not isolate from your
jobs and hadoop codebase

--
Nitin Pawar