MapReduce >> mail # user >> Re: KerberosUtil in hadoop 0.23

Re: KerberosUtil in hadoop 0.23
0.23 is actively being maintained. KerberosUtil.java did get pulled into 0.23 last week when we realized that it somehow was missed.  It will be part of the 0.23.7 release, but you can try it now off of branch-0.23 if you want to.

--Bobby

From: Viral Bajaria <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
Date: Monday, February 4, 2013 12:26 AM
To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
Subject: KerberosUtil in hadoop 0.23

Hi,

I was trying to build hbase 0.94 against hadoop 0.23 but kept on getting compilation errors. It complained about the KerberosUtil class which it required but for some reason that class is missing in 0.23.4 but exists in other branches i.e. 0.22 and on 2.0

Is this because 0.23 is not an actively maintained branch or is it due to some other reasons ? Should I just port the class over to my repo and build hadoop again ? I already did it and replaced the hadoop-auth release in my local repository to allow hbase to compile and it worked fine. Though I am not sure about any side effects unless and until I run real traffic against this.

Wanted to run this by the community to see if anyone has run hbase 0.92 against hadoop 0.23.x and if yes did you have to back port the said KerberosUtil class ?

Thanks,
Viral