Accumulo, mail # dev - table.offline behavior change in 1.6.0

+
John Vines 2013-12-04, 19:33
+
Keith Turner 2013-12-04, 20:10
+
John Vines 2013-12-04, 20:21
+
Keith Turner 2013-12-04, 20:57
Re: table.offline behavior change in 1.6.0
John Vines 2013-12-04, 21:02
I think that's even more problematic. We go from having, by default, a
short wait, by default to no wait by default and then a flag which provides
a long wait and no ability to get the short wait. I'm not disagreeing that
it should be done, but these are still behavior changes to old APIs.
On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 3:57 PM, Keith Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 3:21 PM, John Vines <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>  I disagree. The 1.5.0 code path waits by default. Offline() calls
>> doTableOperation, which calls doTableOperation with wait=true, which
>> causes waitForTableOperation to trigger. Unless there's weird casing
>> for waitForTableOperation, of which there does not appear to be, it will
>> wait.
>>

> In 1.5 and 1.4 its only waiting for the master to change the table state
> in zookeeper.  Its not waiting for all of the tablets to go offline.   Take
> a look at o.a.a.s.master.tableOps.ChangeTableState, this is what gets
> executed on the master.
>
> 1.6 adds the ability to wait for all tablets to go offline.

>>> The old behavior did not wait.  The API preserves the old behavior.

+
Keith Turner 2013-12-04, 21:19
+
John Vines 2013-12-04, 21:30