Bigtop, mail # dev - don't support hadoop1 in bigtop after 0.4

+
pengwenwu2008 2013-11-14, 09:39
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-11-14, 18:08
Re: don't support hadoop1 in bigtop after 0.4
Sean Mackrory 2013-11-14, 16:21
Supporting both hadoop1 and hadoop2 in the same distribution of all the
other components is a rather massive undertaking. As a rule, Bigtop limits
itself to being a downstream distribution point (we do not apply our own
patches to the upstream releases) - this would make it even more difficult
to achieve compatibility across all the projects. There was an effort to
release an updated hadoop1 distribution based on Bigtop 0.3 (0.3.1),
however that was not finished. There's nothing I know if to stop a
developer from completing that effort if they wanted to.
On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 1:39 AM, pengwenwu2008 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Anyone can help answer "are there any reason don't support hadoop1 in
> bigtop after 0.4"?
> Thanks a lot for any comment !!
>
> Regards,
> Wenwu,Peng