HBase >> mail # user >> Composing your own timestamp

Re: Composing your own timestamp
No.
My index is composed of several fields. Some goes to the RowKey, some to the column name, and some  - and hence the question - to timestamp.
Those that goes to the timestamp are of types Integer, Short and short which together form 8 bytes  - the size of the Timestamp in hbase.

So my question was if that's ok? I mean, it seems that the normal usage for the timestamp is to have a timestamp (ms since epoch) and to have values there which always increasing - meaning: you'll never see value 7 enters *before* value 3, for example.