Accumulo, mail # dev - Dev list spam

+
Christopher Tubbs 2012-09-07, 01:35
Re: Dev list spam
Billie Rinaldi 2012-09-07, 01:50
We're halfway through the process of getting a separate notifications list
set up for JIRA notifications.  The reply-to for things sent to this list
will be jira@apache, so if you reply to one of the notifications your reply
will get posted on the ticket as a comment.  (This can be simulated now by
replying to a ticket and changing the to address to jira@apache.)  The list
has been created, but the step to switch jira emails so they are sent to
that list has not been made.  We need to open an INFRA ticket to do that.
I'm not sure how hard it would be to remove some types of notifications,
but this is really only an issue when we are doing cleanups like this one.

Billie
On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 6:35 PM, Christopher Tubbs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> All-
>
> It seems to me that notification emails to the dev list for every
> minor ticket change, even just routine pedantic checks for documenting
> the affected versions and fix versions, tags, or affected components,
> is unnecessary. Is it possible to unlink these from the mailing list?
> Or to make them less spammy?
>
> I think new tickets would be useful to get notifications for, but it
> seems to me that there should be an RSS feed or something similar for
> that (maybe also for these changes).
>
> Another confusing thing is that when these notifications go to the
> mailing list, people can respond there instead of on the ticket, and
> you lose important conversation history (or at least, it's harder to
> piece it together).
>
> These are just my thoughts, but what do you guys think?
>
> -Christopher
>
> P.S. I sincerely apologize for the spam regarding my cleaning up
> tickets today. I thank you for your patience in this regard.

+
Christopher Tubbs 2012-09-07, 01:58