MapReduce >> mail # user >> Re: Need logical help

+
Bejoy KS 2012-06-12, 13:05
+
Girish Ravi 2012-06-12, 12:59
Re: Need logical help
Hello Girish,

This is nothing but lookup join usecase.

Just do a quick search on joins using mapreduce.

Regards,

Jagat Singh

-----------
Sent from Mobile , short and crisp.
On 12-Jun-2012 6:31 PM, "Girish Ravi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Hi All,
>
> I am thinking of a condition where the data in two log files are to be
> compared, can I use Map-Reduce to do this?
>
> I have one log file (LOG1) which has user ID and dept ID and another log
> file (LOG2) has some rows which has user ID and dept ID and other data.
> Can I compare the data where LOG1.userID = LOG2.userID and LOG1.deptID > LOG2.deptID?
>
> If so any suggestion to implement the mapper for this?
>
> Regards
> Girish
> Ph: +91-9916212114

+