Pig >> mail # dev >> [GSoC 2012] Interested in PIG Cubing [PIG-2167]

+
ASF - Maillists 2012-03-26, 17:48
+
Prasanth Jayachandran 2012-03-27, 18:24
+
Daniel Dai 2012-03-27, 18:57
+
ASF - Maillists 2012-03-27, 19:19
Re: [GSoC 2012] Interested in PIG Cubing [PIG-2167]
I think it will be Dmitriy.

Daniel

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 12:19 PM, ASF - Maillists
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks Daniel.
> I have already prepared a initial draft of proposal. I read from the student's guidelines in the GSoC website that the proposal needs to conform to organization specific format (in case of any) and should be reviewed by the mentors of the project before submission.
> Can you please let me know if there is any mentor assigned for cubing project? Will I be able to iteratively modify the proposal once submitted in GSoC website?
>
> Thanks
> -- Prasanth
>
> On Mar 27, 2012, at 2:57 PM, Daniel Dai wrote:
>
>> Thanks Prasanth,
>> Please refer to
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/PIG/GSoc2012. There is a
>> list of things you need to cover in your proposal.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Daniel
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 11:24 AM, Prasanth Jayachandran
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> Hello everyone
>>>
>>> I am MS student at The Ohio State University and I have been working on hadoop for about a year. I have worked on implementing map side fragment replicated join in YSmart as a part of a course project. I am currently doing research with Prof. Arnab Nandi. During the course of the research I implemented a naive version of CUBE operator in Pig. I would like to extend and improvise my initial implementation with optimizations and features by participating in Google Summer of Code 2012.
>>>
>>> The patch for initial implementation of CUBE operator can be found here (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-2167). It will be really helpful if someone (or mentor) can review the patch and provide feedback so that I can incorporate them in GSoC proposal document. I would also like to know if there is any specific format for the GSoC proposal?
>>>
>>> Looking forward for the feedback.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Prasanth

+