HBase, mail # user - Using HBase for Deduping

Re: Using HBase for Deduping
Michael Segel 2013-02-15, 01:33
What constitutes a duplicate?

An over simplification is to do a HTable.checkAndPut() where you do the put if the column doesn't exist.
Then if the row is inserted (TRUE) return value, you push the event.

That will do what you want.

At least at first blush.

Michael Segel  | (m) 312.755.9623

Segel and Associates