HDFS >> mail # user >> NameNode crash - cannot start dfs - need help

+
Matthew LeMieux 2010-10-05, 15:16
+
Todd Lipcon 2010-10-05, 15:42
+
Matthew LeMieux 2010-10-05, 16:58
+
Todd Lipcon 2010-10-05, 17:09
+
Matthew LeMieux 2010-10-05, 18:25
+
Ayon Sinha 2010-10-05, 18:32
+
Ayon Sinha 2010-10-05, 17:17
Re: NameNode crash - cannot start dfs - need help

On Oct 5, 2010, at 8:16 AM, Matthew LeMieux wrote:

> The namenode on an otherwise very stable HDFS cluster crashed recently.  The filesystem filled up on the name node, which I assume is what caused the crash.    The problem has been fixed, but I cannot get the namenode to restart.  I am using version CDH3b2  (hadoop-0.20.2+320).
No 2nd copy of the edits file/another entry in dfs.name.dir?
+
Matthew LeMieux 2010-10-05, 17:14
+
Ayon Sinha 2010-10-05, 17:19