From: Ted Yu [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, January 11, 2014 4:58 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: FileSystem iterative or limited alternative to listStatus()

Can you utilize the following API ?
  public FileStatus[] listStatus(Path f, PathFilter filter)
Cheers

On Sat, Jan 11, 2014 at 3:52 PM, John Lilley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
Is there an HDFS file system method for listing a directory contents iteratively, or at least stopping at some limit?  We have an application in which the user can type wildcards, which our app expands.  However, during interactive phases we only want the first matching file to check its format.  There may be folders with many 1000s of files...
Thanks
John