Bigtop, mail # dev - [DISCUSS] Using --signoff option with git am when committing patches

+
Mark Grover 2013-09-04, 21:58
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-09-04, 22:03
+
Mark Grover 2013-09-04, 22:05
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-09-08, 05:56
Re: [DISCUSS] Using --signoff option with git am when committing patches
Mark Grover 2013-09-08, 22:00
Will do!
On Sat, Sep 7, 2013 at 10:56 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 2:58 PM, Mark Grover <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > The commit is still attributed to the contributor but I think it would be
> > nice for logistical reasons to have the committer name in the log
> messages
> > of the commit.
>
> I would be curious to hear more about why you think this would
> be helpful. The reason I'm asking is that Git is different from SVN
> in this respect -- with SVN comments are the only place for
> this info while Git tracks committers separately anyway.
>
> > Anyways, I have started documenting this at
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/How+to+Contribute
> >
> > Please let me know what you think!
>
> Great start! Perhaps add a link to it onto our website (patch, please ;-))?
>
> Thanks,
> Roman.

+
Mark Grover 2013-09-09, 01:03