MapReduce, mail # user - Hadoop hardware failure recovery

+
Aji Janis 2012-08-10, 18:38
Re: Hadoop hardware failure recovery
Ted Dunning 2012-08-10, 18:55
Hadoop's file system was (mostly) copied from the concepts of Google's old
file system.

The original paper is probably the best way to learn about that.

http://research.google.com/archive/gfs.html

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 11:38 AM, Aji Janis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am very new to Hadoop. I am considering setting up a Hadoop cluster
> consisting of 5 nodes where each node has 3 internal hard drives. I
> understand HDFS has a configurable redundancy feature but what happens if
> an entire drive crashes (physically) for whatever reason? How does Hadoop
> recover, if it can, from this situation? What else should I know before
> setting up my cluster this way? Thanks in advance.

+
anil gupta 2012-08-10, 19:12
+
Mohammad Tariq 2012-08-10, 19:16