MapReduce >> mail # user >> Hadoop hardware failure recovery

+
Aji Janis 2012-08-10, 18:38
Re: Hadoop hardware failure recovery
Hadoop's file system was (mostly) copied from the concepts of Google's old
file system.

The original paper is probably the best way to learn about that.

http://research.google.com/archive/gfs.html

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 11:38 AM, Aji Janis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am very new to Hadoop. I am considering setting up a Hadoop cluster
> consisting of 5 nodes where each node has 3 internal hard drives. I
> understand HDFS has a configurable redundancy feature but what happens if
> an entire drive crashes (physically) for whatever reason? How does Hadoop
> recover, if it can, from this situation? What else should I know before
> setting up my cluster this way? Thanks in advance.

+
anil gupta 2012-08-10, 19:12
+
Mohammad Tariq 2012-08-10, 19:16