MapReduce, mail # user - Hadoop hardware failure recovery

Re: Hadoop hardware failure recovery
Ted Dunning 2012-08-10, 18:55
Hadoop's file system was (mostly) copied from the concepts of Google's old
file system.

The original paper is probably the best way to learn about that.

http://research.google.com/archive/gfs.html