HDFS >> mail # dev >> profiling hdfs write path

+
Radim Kolar 2012-11-25, 21:41
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-11-26, 01:35
+
Radim Kolar 2012-11-29, 15:17
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-11-29, 18:25
+
Radim Kolar 2012-12-04, 17:07
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-12-04, 17:27
+
Suresh Srinivas 2012-12-04, 17:49
Re: profiling hdfs write path

> If you're just going to insult us, please stay away. We don't need
> your help unless you're going to be constructive.
Good units tests will catch code modifications like:

from:
     long getLastByteOffsetBlock() {
       return lastByteOffsetInBlock;
     }

from:
     long getLastByteOffsetBlock() {
       return lastByteOffsetInBlock-1;
   }

I did 10 of such changes and about 60% were undetected.
+
Eli Collins 2012-12-04, 17:44
+
Radim Kolar 2012-12-05, 02:00