Accumulo >> mail # dev >> [git] Documentation and Plan of Action

+
Josh Elser 2013-06-05, 03:04
+
Josh Elser 2013-06-06, 01:58
+
Josh Elser 2013-06-11, 02:44
+
Sean Busbey 2013-06-11, 11:16
+
Josh Elser 2013-06-11, 12:55
+
Mike Drob 2013-06-11, 15:44
+
Josh Elser 2013-06-11, 16:05
+
Christopher 2013-06-11, 16:26
+
Josh Elser 2013-06-12, 00:46
+
Christopher 2013-06-12, 19:49
+
David Medinets 2013-06-13, 02:45
+
Christopher 2013-06-13, 04:21
+
Josh Elser 2013-06-13, 02:59
+
Mike Drob 2013-06-11, 23:10
Re: [git] Documentation and Plan of Action
It's not an empty commit. It's just circumstantial that the changes for
your commit are empty. The fact that you noted "changes X version
version1 should not be applied to version2" is important and that merge
tracks such information.

The same is applicable when version1 and version2 depend on two
different versions of a dependency. Say your new code in version1 calls
a method whose signature changed in said dependency from the version
version1 depends on as opposed to the version of the dependency version2
depends on. Point being, after making the changes in version1, it is
your responsibility to make sure whatever necessary variants exist in
their appropriate versions.

Mike Drob 2013-06-11, 23:25
+
Josh Elser 2013-06-11, 23:39