HBase, mail # user - CatalogJanitor: REGIONINFO_QUALIFIER is empty

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-02-25, 01:03
+
Dave Latham 2013-02-25, 13:55
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-02-25, 14:48
Re: CatalogJanitor: REGIONINFO_QUALIFIER is empty
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-02-25, 14:56
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the details.

Is it something that we should think about adding into HBCK?

Seems that it can detect them "Number of empty REGIONINFO_QUALIFIER rows in
.META.: 6" but it's not fixing them nor listing them.

JM

2013/2/25 ramkrishna vasudevan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Thanks for the info Dave.  Others will be benefited too.
>
> Regards
> Ram
>
> On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 7:25 PM, Dave Latham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > We recently saw some of these warnings in a cluster we were setting up.
> > These warnings mean there are rows in the META table that are missing one
> > of the expected columns.  In our case, we verified that these regions
> > didn't appear to exist in HDFS either and the table itself showed no
> holes
> > or problems in hbck or via our application.  After looking at the
> > timestamps of the other data in these rows in META we determined that the
> > remaining columns in META had been written on an earlier incarnation of a
> > table with the same name.  I.e. we created a table once, put data in it,
> > deleted the table, created a new table of the same name, and apparently
> not
> > everything was correctly deleted from META.  I'm not sure how that
> > happened, but to clean it up we manually removed those rows from META and
> > didn't observe any more WARNings or problems afterward.  There's another
> > mailing list thread from some months back from someone with a similar
> issue
> > and resolution.  Good luck!
> >
> > Dave
> >

> > On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 5:03 PM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm wondering, how much should we worrie about those warnings:
> > > WARN org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.CatalogJanitor:
> REGIONINFO_QUALIFIER
> > is
> > > empty in keyvalues={
> > >
> > > I have 6 of them show each time the CatalgoJanitor is running (5
> > minutes).
> > >
> > > Doesn't seems to really be an issue, but then why is it a WARN?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > JM

+
Ted Yu 2013-02-25, 14:58