MapReduce >> mail # dev >> Re: [RESULT] - [VOTE] Rename hadoop branches post hadoop-1.x

Re: [RESULT] - [VOTE] Rename hadoop branches post hadoop-1.x
On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 9:32 AM, Steve Loughran
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Quick follow up on this
>
> -there is now a branch-2 that replaced branch-0.23,
>
> http://svn.eu.apache.org/viewvc/hadoop/common/branches/branch-0.23/
>
> -but there is still a 0.23.2 that is having some active work on it
>
> http://svn.eu.apache.org/viewvc/hadoop/common/branches/branch-2/
>
> Can I verify then that If i were to push changes into trunk and then into
> the Hadoop 2.0 branch, I should check out the branch-2 branch and ignore
> the older 0.23, branch?

Yes, that's what folks are mostly doing.

> And if that is so, should the 0.23 branch still be active at all?

Bobby Evans took over management of branch-0.23 to work on for some
internal customers at Yahoo, as I understand it. See the thread:
"[DISCUSS] branch-0.23 is dead, long live branch-0.23" on general@ for
info.

-Todd
--