Accumulo, mail # dev - zookeeper ACL issues

zookeeper ACL issues
Jim Klucar 2012-01-04, 20:09
Hey,

I've been poking at security features of Accumulo, specifically the
user/password stuff in Zookeeper. I was wondering if it would be possible
to abstract away the zookeeper ACL authentication, so we could deploy with
our own instead of using the "digest" ACL stuff in zookeeper. I looked at
doing this but got lost a bit in the innards of how Accumulo authenticates
the znodes. Can anyone provide me some guidance?  Specifically, it would be
useful to know what to do to be able to do an ls of the
/accumulo/<instance>/users/<user> zookeeper path from zkCli.sh

Thanks,
Jim
+
Eric Newton 2012-01-04, 20:48