HDFS >> mail # user >> Will HDFS cache the meta data in client side ?

Will HDFS cache the meta data in client side ?
Hi all,

According the GFS paper claims, GFS will cache meta data in client.
But when I check the source code of hadoop, it seems that hadoop won't
cache it in client side. I just make sure whether I am right ? And
wondering whether there's someone work on it ?
--
Best Regards

Jeff Zhang