HBase >> mail # user >> filtering rows for column values not null

filtering rows for column values not null
Hi I have a relatively simple situation,

As an example I have a table of Users, with first and last name.

I set a scan a FilterList and I add a SingleColumnValueFilter, with
column qualifier=firstName, CompareOp.EQUAL, and value="bob".

The problem is, I'm getting "bob" as well as anyone with out a firstName.

I tried adding NOT_EQUALS null and NOT_EQUALS (new byte[0]) and neither helped.

Does anyone know of how to filter on a column value not null?
--
Ted.
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-10-24, 13:23