MapReduce >> mail # user >> Why LineRecordWriter.write(..) is synchronized

Re: Why LineRecordWriter.write(..) is synchronized
While we don't fork by default, we do provide a MultithreadedMapper
implementation that would require such synchronization. But if you are
asking is it necessary, then perhaps the answer is no.