Chukwa >> mail # dev >> Incubator report due by July 4th

+
Alan D. Cabrera 2012-06-29, 02:50
+
Eric Yang 2012-06-29, 05:44
+
Bernd Fondermann 2012-06-29, 06:05
+
Eric Yang 2012-06-30, 06:40
+
Alan D. Cabrera 2012-07-02, 03:49
+
Chris Douglas 2012-07-02, 21:14
+
Alan D. Cabrera 2012-07-03, 04:19
+
Eric Yang 2012-07-03, 06:19
+
Chris Douglas 2012-07-05, 19:50
+
Alan D. Cabrera 2012-07-05, 20:19
+
Chris Douglas 2012-07-06, 23:52
+
Bernd Fondermann 2012-07-08, 09:21
+
Chris Douglas 2012-07-09, 04:54
+
Bernd Fondermann 2012-07-11, 13:31
+
Chris Douglas 2012-07-12, 19:29
+
Eric Yang 2012-07-12, 22:03
+
Alan D. Cabrera 2012-07-11, 05:07
+
Eric Yang 2012-07-11, 06:23
Re: Incubator report due by July 4th
Hi Chris,

I agreed on retiring Chukwa, if the community does not revive itself.
The agreement was before Hadoop summit.  In Hadoop summit, there were
a few talks that advertised Chukwa, and had trigger some activities
and 2 people sent patches to me directly.  I become optimistic again
about Chukwa from those activities.  Hence, thing did change when I
was writing the report for July.  I am sorry for the confusion, and
Jukka was right that a over active lead may be preventing the growth
of the community.  Hence, I think we should try some experiment that
we open Chukwa for free enrollment for committers and see if any thing
develop from this.  If activities still decline in next report, then
we can close Chukwa for good.  Does this seem like a reasonable
experiment?

regards,
Eric