HBase >> mail # dev >> [Question: Replication] how to detect whether there is a replication pending?

+
Demai Ni 2013-09-18, 16:33
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2013-09-18, 17:38
Re: [Question: Replication] how to detect whether there is a replication pending?
J-D,

many thanks, exactly what I am looking for.

Actually, I was looking for the clluster-wide(to address the timeout issue
of hbase-9047). I will implement the checking of the rate.

Demai
On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 10:38 AM, Jean-Daniel Cryans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Yeah, with HLog queue you can be a whole 64MB in the worst case :)
>
> Pretty hard to say for a single table what the status is, but if it was
> cluster-wide you'd just have to look at the shipped ops/batch rates (if it
> sits at 0, you're not replicating, unless there's some problem preventing
> replication).
>
> J-D
>

> On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 9:33 AM, Demai Ni <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > hi, folks,
> >
> > I am looking for a way to flag that NO replication is pending. For
> example
> > of a simple Master-Slave setup for table t1. At a given point of time,
> can
> > I tell whether there are still Edits pending for replication? I am
> thinking
> > about using replicationsource.metrics.sizeOfLogQueue. The only concern is
> > that even with metrics.sizeOfLogQueue=0, there may still has one Log
> being
> > processed for replication. Is my understanding correct?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Demai

+
Demai Ni 2013-09-19, 00:52