HBase >> mail # user >> [ANNOUNCE] Phoenix v 2.1 released

+
James Taylor 2013-10-25, 00:24
+
Ted Yu 2013-10-25, 00:40
+
James Taylor 2013-10-25, 00:52
+
Julian Zhou 2013-10-25, 00:29
+
Asaf Mesika 2013-10-28, 18:14
Re: [ANNOUNCE] Phoenix v 2.1 released
Can't say I blame you, as it's a bit abstract. At Salesforce, we use it to
support query-more, where you want to be able to page through your data.
Without this feature, you have no way of establishing your "prior" position
to be able to get the next batch. This allows the client to jump right back
where they left off, with the query compiling down to setting a start row
on the scan, assuming you're navigating along your primary key or secondary
index axis (i.e. your row value constructor and order by match your primary
key constraint or your secondary indexed columns).

A second use case is if you have a composite primary key and you have a set
of say 1000 rows out of a billion for which you'd like to query. Using the
the IN syntax I outlined here:
https://github.com/forcedotcom/phoenix/wiki/Row-Value-Constructors, you can
now do this is a single query and it'll be super fast (i.e. as fast or
faster than a batched get).

Thanks,
James