MapReduce >> mail # dev >> problem in switching to branch-2

+
Samaneh Shokuhi 2013-04-28, 18:45
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-04-28, 19:20
+
Samaneh Shokuhi 2013-04-28, 19:42
Re: problem in switching to branch-2

Right, you have to do "git checkout -b branch-2 origin/branch-2". You get the trunk branch by default, for all other remote branches, you have to create local branches like that.

HTH

Thanks,
+Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli
Hortonworks Inc.
http://hortonworks.com/
On Apr 28, 2013, at 12:42 PM, Samaneh Shokuhi wrote:

> Hi Vinod,
> i tried with the path you sent but no success .I mean is it not really
> switched to branch-2 ,and calling the "git branch -a" displays "no branch"
> .Working directory  still contains trunk not branch-2 contents.  what i get
> in console is  :
>
> You are in 'detached HEAD' state. You can look around, make experimental
> changes and commit them, and you can discard any commits you make in this
> state without impacting any branches by performing another checkout.
>
> If you want to create a new branch to retain commits you create, you may
> do so (now or later) by using -b with the checkout command again. Example:
>
>  git checkout -b new_branch_name
>
> HEAD is now at 72713e0... HDFS-4748. Merge r1476587 from trunk.
>

> On Sun, Apr 28, 2013 at 9:20 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>> Not sure about how updated the repo at github is, I use git://
>> git.apache.org/hadoop-common.git
>>
>> Also what do you mean by branch switch is not working?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> +Vinod
>>
>> On Apr 28, 2013, at 11:45 AM, Samaneh Shokuhi wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>> i ve got a clone of hadoop and tried to switch to branch-2 but ,it is not
>>> working ,while switching to other branches like branch-1.2 is possible.
>> Any
>>> idea why cant switch to branch-2 ?
>>>
>>> That’s what i ve done :
>>>
>>> $ git clone git://github.com/apache/hadoop-common.git hadoop-1
>>> $ cd hadoop-1
>>> $ git checkout remotes/origin/branch-2
>>>

>>> Samaneh

+
Samaneh Shokuhi 2013-04-29, 10:55
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-04-29, 17:11
+
Samaneh Shokuhi 2013-04-29, 21:11