Hive >> mail # user >> Alter table is giving error

Re: Alter table is giving error
Hi Dean,

Actually I was having Hadoop and Hive cluster on EMR and I have S3 storage
containing logs which updates daily and having partition with date(dt). And
I was using this recover partition.
Now I wanted to shift to EC2 and have my own Hadoop and Hive cluster. So,
what is the alternate of using recover partition in this case, if you have
any idea ?
I found one way of individually partitioning all dates, so I have to write
script for that to do so for all dates. Is there any easiest way other than
this ?

Thanks,
Chunky