HBase >> mail # dev >> VOTE: hbase-0.95.1 release candidate 0 is available for download

VOTE: hbase-0.95.1 release candidate 0 is available for download
Here is our first 0.95.1 release candidate.  Should we put this out
as 0.95.1?

Since this 0.95.1 is a "Development" Series release [1], lets keep the vote
period short.  Please vote by this friday, May 31st.

0.95.1 will be the second in our 0.95 "Development" Series of releases [1].
The 0.95.x Development releases are previews of the coming Summer
Blockbuster, 0.96.0, our next major release intended to replace
the current 0.94 series.

Development series releases are not for production.  They are preview, raw
releases that have been barely-tested put out early so developers and the
interested can get some early exposure to what is coming down the pipe.
Putting out these 'rough cuts' helps to get the feedback started earlier
while the release is still baking.  See [1] for more on our development
series phenomenon.

The release artifacts may be downloaded from:

  http://people.apache.org/~stack/hbase-0.95.1RC0/

Over 215 issues have been closed since we put out 0.95.0 [2].

All feedback is welcome.  We'd be interested in getting comments on
everything from the packaging, layout, through documentation, UI, and of
course,
any bugs found.  I deployed SNAPSHOTs to maven and would particularly like
to hear from downstream projects on whether our maven packaging is
palatable.

Thanks,
St.Ack

1. http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#hbase.versioning