Pig, mail # user - Re: Fwd: using hadoop + cassandra for CF mutations (delete) - 2014-04-07, 12:50

Re: Fwd: using hadoop + cassandra for CF mutations (delete)
If that works, it's a neat/fancy trick.  But, after looking into the docs
for that setting, related to vnodes which I'm not using, I'm not
comfortable messing with it on my production cluster.

I guess this implies that the # of mappers is related to the number of
physical/virtual nodes of the cassandra cluster, which makes sense...

I think I'm just going to hack up a script that I can run locally on a
cassandra box, and only run queries/writes/deletes against the local token
range (and get parallelism from cassandra's distributed nature).

will