Pig, mail # user - Fwd: BigDataCamp Silicon Valley @Strata 2014

Fwd: BigDataCamp Silicon Valley @Strata 2014
Russell Jurney 2014-02-03, 17:55
There's a Pig workshop at Big Data Camp at Strata this year.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: *Dave Nielsen* <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Monday, February 3, 2014
Subject: BigDataCamp Silicon Valley @Strata 2014
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
      Hello Campers,

BigDataCamp is BACK! We have new sponsors & O'Reilly's Strata Conference is
back too. At BigDataCamp we will address

   - What's new in Big Data?
   - What's new in Open Source? ... and for the newbies ...
   - What is Map Reduce, Hadoop & NoSQL? .... We even have an Intro to PIG
   workshop before BigDataCamp.

But BigDataCamp is an unconference, so you can propose breakout sessions on
other topics and ask plenty of questions too! And as always, its free to
attend.

[image: Register] <http://bigdatacamp.org/sv>

*Date: Monday February 10th, 2014PRICE: FREE!Schedule:*
3:00 pm PIG Workshop by Alpine Data Labs
5:30 pm Food, Drinks & Networking
6:00 pm Begin BigDataCamp
6:15 pm Lightning Talks
7:00 pm Unpanel
7:45 pm Breakout Sessions
- Intro to Big Data: What is Map Reduce, Hadoop & NoSQL?
- What's the latest with Real-time?
- What's the latest w/Hadoop 2.0 (Yarn, processing patterns, etc.)
- Propose topics OR sessions here: PROPOSE HERE<http://www.campsite.org/list/99>
9:30 pm End

*Location:*
Silicon Valley Innovation Center
3200 Coronado Dr
Santa Clara, CA

*Organizers:*
Dave Nielsen of BigDataCamp & CloudCamp

*About BigDataCamp:*

BigDataCamp is an unconference where early adopters of BigData
technologies, such as Hadoop, exchange ideas. With the rapid change
occurring in the industry, we need a place where we can meet to share our
experiences, challenges and solutions. At BigDataCamp, you are encouraged
to share your thoughts in several open discussions, as we strive for the
advancement of BigData. Data Scientists, Developers, IT professionals,
users and vendors are all encouraged to participate

[image: Register] <http://bigdatacamp.org/sv>

*A Thanks to Our Sponsors:*
<http://www.alpinenow.com/>
<http://www.mapr.com/>
       This invitation was sent to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','[EMAIL PROTECTED]');>by
BigDataCamp <http://www.eventbrite.com/org/514867016> the organizer. To
stop receiving invitations from this organizer, you can
unsubscribe<http://www.eventbrite.com/inviteunsubscribe?email=russell.jurney%40gmail.com&oid=511288&sig=AGNbPwENJa7TIoUF7xYMYMXWtkFgh-dXhQ>.
  [image: Eventbrite]
<http://www.eventbrite.com/home/?ref=eemail&utm_source=eb_email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=invite&utm_term=footer_invite>
  Eventbrite