Pig, mail # user - Re: Problem in understanding UDF COUNT - 2014-07-23, 12:04

Re: Problem in understanding UDF COUNT
Thanks Shahab and William I am now clear about The count functionality.But
stil I have a doubt in the functioning of UDF in general.
Example:
a=load 'movies' using PigStorage() as (name:chararray,
movid:int,stars:int,comment:varchar(300));
b=group movies by stars;
c= foreach b genearte myudf(a);
In this case what would be the input to the udf : the entire group or a
single tupple of that group.
I think the input would be a single tupple of that group for each
itteration but not sure.
Thanks.
Ashish.
On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 5:30 PM, Shahab Yunus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>