From: yiyu jia [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 09 November 2012 00:26
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Kundera 2.2 released

Hi,

Thanks for info. This is interesting. But, I have a basic question: How can
Kundera benefit NoSQL programmer? Or, why can kundera benefit a NoSQL
programming project? I feel it is difficult to group different NoSQL
technique under one umbellrea as there are too much difference among NoSQL
databases in terms of db design, target problem etc. Also, my understand of
JPA is that it is mainly a OR mapping technique?

Thanks and regards,

Yiyu
On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 1:21 PM, Amresh Kumar Singh <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We are happy to announce release of Kundera 2.2.
>
> Kundera is a JPA 2.0 based, object-datastore mapping library for NoSQL
> datastores. The idea behind Kundera is to make working with NoSQL Databases
> drop-dead simple and fun. It currently supports Cassandra, HBase, MongoDB
> and relational databases.
>
> Major Changes in this release:
> * Geospatial Persistence and Queries for MongoDB
> * Composite keys support for Cassandra and MongoDB
> * Cassandra 1.1.6 migration
> * Support for enum data type
> * Named and Native queries support for REST based access
>
> Github Issues Fixes (https://github.com/impetus-opensource/Kundera/issues
> ):
> Issue 136 - JPQL queries without WHERE clause or parameters fail
> Issue 135 - MongoDB: enable WriteConcern, Safe mode and other properties
> on operation level.
> Issue 133 - Externalize the database connection configuration
> Issue 132 - problem in loading entity metadata when giving class name in
> class tag of persistence.xml
> Issue 130 - Row not fully deleted from cassandra on em.remove(obj) - then
> cannot reinsert row with same key
>
> We have revamped our wiki, so you might want to have a look at it here:
> https://github.com/impetus-opensource/Kundera/wiki
>
> To download, use or contribute to Kundera, visit:
> http://github.com/impetus-opensource/Kundera
>
> Latest released tag version is 2.2. Kundera maven libraries are now
> available at:
> https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/releases/com/impetus
>
> Sample codes and examples for using Kundera can be found here:
> http://github.com/impetus-opensource/Kundera-Examples
> and
> https://github.com/impetus-opensource/Kundera/tree/trunk/kundera-tests
>
> Thank you all for your contributions!
>
> Regards,
> Kundera Team.
>
> ________________________________
>
> Neustar VP and Impetus CEO to present on 'Innovative information services
> powered by Cloud and Big Data technologies'at Cloud Expo - Santa Clara, Nov
> 6th. http://www.impetus.com/events#2.
>
> Check out Impetus contribution to build Luminar - a new business unit at
> Entravision. http://lf1.me/MS/

* Mr. Jia Yiyu                                *
* Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]          *
* Web: http://yiyujia.blogspot.com/*