Chukwa >> mail # dev >> Re: [VOTE] Retire Chukwa from incubation

Re: [VOTE] Retire Chukwa from incubation
Hello guys,
I want to understand Chukwa community building strategy better. Are
there any insights why companies which use Hadoop (in Moscow those
include Deutche Bank, Yandex, Rambler and Microsoft) do not crowd
around or stay in line to get a chance to use Chukwa?

Alexei Fedotov / Алексей Федотов,
http://dataved.ru/
+7 916 562 8095
On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 3:55 PM, ant elder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 11:48 AM, Benson Margulies <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> One interesting point about consensus decision-making process is the
>> need to define the starting point. The process assumes that there is a
>> clear 'status quo', and that a consensus is required to change it.
>> This may not always be the appropriate way to think about retiring a
>> podling, but it's clearly the way we're thinking about this one.
>>
>> Does anyone else feel that this could have benefitted from a [DISCUSS]
>> before the [VOTE].
>>
>> At the bottom line, if there are new mentors to be fully responsible,
>> I think it's reasonable to continue; however, I don't want to have
>> exactly the same conversation in N months. Would the new mentors like
>> to propose a time limit, and is the group willing to subscribe to the
>> notion that, if after that time, the new mentors have the same report
>> as the old mentors, we're at the end?
>>

> Could we maybe include a time limit next month with the credible plan to
> give new mentors a little time to get up to speed with the project?
>
>    ...ant
+
Alexei Fedotov 2012-11-28, 13:46