Sqoop >> mail # dev >> Release planning for 1.4.3

+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-02-02, 03:18
Re: Release planning for 1.4.3
Hi Jarcec,

It would definitely be nice to get a release of Sqoop 1 out asap. I am definitely interested in driving a Sqoop release. I was the release manager for Apache Flume 1.3.1, so I am quite familiar with the process of driving a release.  So, I'd like to volunteer to drive the release.
Thanks,
Hari
--
Hari Shreedharan
On Friday, February 1, 2013 at 7:18 PM, Jarek Jarcec Cecho wrote:

> Sqoop developer community,
> It has been several months since our last release and there has been steady activity on the codebase with about 68 issues resolved [1]. Some of them are usual bugfixes, but we also added major new functionality. For example we added support for stored procedures in export tool, upsert functionality into MySQL connector and/or schema support for Microsoft SQL Server and PostgreSQL. It will therefore be appropriate time to do a maintenance release of the project with version number 1.4.3.
>
> To that effect Sqoop PMC has decided to keep the slight change from the usual release process that was introduced during last release. Instead of having one of the committers running the release, I've stepped out as a release mentor that will guide someone from the community that will volunteer to become the release manager.
>
> This is a great opportunity for enthusiastic contributor to make a difference for the project and learn more about the workings of Apache Sqoop and Apache Software Foundation in general. Please do not hesitate and respond to this email if you're interested!
>
> Jarcec
>
> Links:
> 1: http://s.apache.org/ARW

+
Venkatesan Ranganathan 2013-02-02, 03:35
+
Venkatesan Ranganathan 2013-02-02, 03:45
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-02-04, 18:29
+
Venkatesan Ranganathan 2013-02-05, 00:09
+
Hari Shreedharan 2013-02-05, 00:34
+
Venkatesan Ranganathan 2013-02-05, 01:24
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-02-05, 16:04