Hive >> mail # user >> How to perform arithmetic operations in hive

How to perform arithmetic operations in hive
Hi all ,
         Can we perform arithmetic operator on *select* command.
I have a table emp_table with columns emp_name and emp_no
i want to multiply the data in a emp_no with 10 .

i tryed select * from emp_table where emp_no=emp_no*10;
But it did not work .
Help me out

Thanks in advance .
--Regards