Sqoop >> mail # user >> Sqoop 1.99.2 + Cloud Era Hadoop 200 error

Re: Sqoop 1.99.2 + Cloud Era Hadoop 200 error
After doing changes in catalina.properties also, same issue is coming.

is there any possibility for interactive discussion on this issue?

Regards,
Madhan

On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 11:05 PM, Mengwei Ding <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> [...]
> Hadoop 1 or 2. There is no need to run any Hadoop service on the same node
> as Sqoop server, just the libraries and configuration must be available.
>
> Path to Hadoop libraries is stored in file catalina.properties inside
> directory server/conf. You need to change property called common.loader to
> contain all directories with your Hadoop libraries. The default expected
> locations are /usr/lib/hadoop and /usr/lib/hadoop/lib/. Please check out
> the comments in the file for further description how to configure different
> locations.
>
> Lastly you might need to install JDBC drivers that are not bundled with
> Sqoop because of incompatible licenses. You can add any arbitrary Java jar
> file to Sqoop server by copying it into lib/ directory. You can create this
> directory if it do not exists already.
> "
>
> I can give you my configuration as an example. So in my
> catalina.properties file, I have the following line:
>
> *
> common.loader=${catalina.base}/lib,${catalina.base}/lib/*.jar,${catalina.home}/lib,${catalina.home}/lib/*.jar,${catalina.home}/../lib/*.jar,/usr/lib/hadoop/client-0.20/*.jar,/home/mengweid/Downloads/mysql-connector-java-5.1.25-bin.jar
> *
>
> The */usr/lib/hadoop/client-0.20/*.jar *is used to include all
> hadoop-related jars, and *mysql-connector-java-5.1.25-bin.jar *is used
> for JDBC driver.
>
> Please try this, and let me know whether it works. Thank you.
>
> Best,
> Mengwei
>

> On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 9:18 AM, Madhanmohan Savadamuthu <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> I did deployment as sugggested in below thread. I am not able to
>> successfully use sqoop2. I am attaching the services log for your
>> references.
>>
>> I made sure that exact same set of JAR files in appropriate location and
>> also deleted sqoop folder before starting the sqoop server.
>>
>> *Error Message:*
>>  Exception has occurred during processing command
>> Exception: com.sun.jersey.api.client.UniformInterfaceException Message:
>> GET http://<ipaddress>:12013/sqoop/version returned a response status of
>> 404 Not Found
>>
>> Regards,
>> Madhan
>>
>>  On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 7:30 PM, Mengwei Ding <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Madhanmohan,
>>>
>>> Thank you for providing all these detailed information. Help a lot to
>>> diagnose the problem.
>>>
>>> First, the addtowar.sh is not good enough for every situation,
>>> we apologize for that. We have already figured out a new way to add
>>> dependency library, which will coming out along with next version of Sqoop2.
>>>
>>> Currently, it seems like the hadoop-core.jar has not been added. I could
>>> show you all the libraries existing in the webapps/sqoop/WEB-INF/lib
>>> commons-dbcp-1.4.jar
>>> commons-lang-2.5.jar
>>> commons-logging-1.1.1.jar
>>> commons-pool-1.5.4.jar
>>> derby-10.8.2.2.jar
>>> guava-11.0.2.jar
>>> hadoop-auth-2.0.0-cdh4.3.0.jar
>>> hadoop-common-2.0.0-cdh4.3.0.jar
>>> *hadoop-core-2.0.0-mr1-cdh4.3.0.jar*
>>> hadoop-hdfs-2.0.0-cdh4.3.0.jar
>>> hadoop-mapreduce-client-app-2.0.0-cdh4.3.0.jar
>>> hadoop-mapreduce-client-common-2.0.0-cdh4.3.0.jar
>>> hadoop-mapreduce-client-core-2.0.0-cdh4.3.0.jar
Thanks and Regards,
Madhanmohan S