Hive, mail # user - which approach is better

Re: which approach is better
Hamza Asad 2013-07-17, 18:17
I use data to generates reports on daily basis, Do couple of analysis and
its insert once and read many on daily basis.  But My main purpose is to
secure my data and easily recover it even if my hadoop(datanode) OR HDFS
crashes. As uptill now, i'm using approach in which data has been retrieved
directly from HDFS and few days back my hadoop crashes and when i repair
it, i was unable to recover my Old data which resides on HDFS. So please
let me know do i have to make architectural change OR is there any way to
recover data which resides in crashed HDFS

--
*Muhammad Hamza Asad*