Avro >> mail # user >> Is there a way to conditionally read Avro data?

Is there a way to conditionally read Avro data?
I am wondering if there is a way that I can avoid reading all of an item in
an Avro file, based on some of the data that I have already read. For
instance, say I have a datum where I know that if it's 'type' value is a
'ComputerVirus', and that I do not want to touch the remaining fields. Is
there a way to 'move on' and get the next datum, without touching the
remainder of the scary datum? I would call it a 'conditional read' in that
I only want to fully read the datum if the datum meets some criteria.

Anna